Tuesday 9 November 2010

Back to the Future!

Time travel. Who wouldn't want to go back in time to change something or to the future to see how things worked out?

The entertainment sector is at your service! I'll present a handful of titles that involve time travel.


A Christmas Carol - a novel written by Charles Dickens. Ghost takes Scrooge with him into the future and past to show him the consequences of his bad decisions in life.

Most recent adaptation was in year 2009 directed by Robert Zemeckis, starring Jim Carrey. Sadly I have never seen this movie nor read that book. Is it worth reading?






Planet of Apes. This is a story of an astronaut crew who crash land on a very strange planet in the distant future. It seems that the planet is populated by intelligent apes that use humans as slaves and pets.
It's very interesting to see humans in such a role, good movie to think about how we treat other races.

Original in 1968, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner.



The Terminator - intelligent machines declare war on the human race and try exterminate them.
Great special effects and forces us to think how technology can be dangerous.

First part filmed in 1984, directed by James Cameron, starring Arnold Shwarzenegger the future governor on California!




Back to the Future - A flux capacitor invented by a crazy inventor allows time travel. Marty McFly changes the past causing major damage in the future resulting in him not being born.

1985, directed by Robert Zemeckis, starring Michael J. Fox. This year we have a 25year anniversary celebration. This is a series on 3 movies (trilogy).



Deja vu - Travel back in time to save a woman from being murdered and fall in love with her during the process? There you go!
2006, starring Denzel Washington.








Inception - A word created probably out of combining "infection" with "conception". A thief experianced in entering minds and stealing knowlege when his prey is sleeping gets a tough job which he can not decline. Infect a mind with a conception introduced by someone else. Great special effects and multi dimensional action!

2010, directed by Christofer Nola, starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
Great movie, not connected to time travel but showing how time and matter can be bent and relative depending on your position.



Can you suggest any other good movies that are related to time travel and force our minds to think? I can watch them over and over again and they never get old!
Questions:
Have you seen any of these movies? Did you like them?
Do you know any other movies/books related to time travelling?
Do you think time travels are possible?

16 comments:

  1. There seems to be a issue with time zones on this blog. Posts that should be published are "planned". I'm sorry about the duplicate email notifications you received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have seen all of these movies. I like the most "Back to the future" becouse it was funny. "Inception" was so boring and I have slept on the cinema on this movie. I don't know any book/movies about time travels. In my opinion time traveling is possible but we still don't have enough knowledge to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Terminator and Back to the future are classic! I really think that those should be films that everyone knows. Firt of all they're truly entertaining and maybe as for now funny because of effects and technologies used in both movies. But really worth watching. I unfortunately haven't seen Inception yet, but I'm still planning to.
    It never seemd very possible, but as the technology evolves everything seems possible. Especially when we can read such articles http://niewiarygodne.pl/kat,1017181,title,Podroznik-w-czasie-odkryty-na-muzealnym-zdjeciu,wid,12188057,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=6b3d0. I'm really starting to think that someday we're all gonna go for time travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I’ve seen all of them. “classic movies” that everybody has already watched few times and it’s still fascinating.
    There was couple of movies... i.e. polish comedy – “Seksmisja” and the second part “Ile waży koń trojański”, “Butterfly Effect”, “Twelve Monkeys”, etc. I think time traveling is quite possible. All we have to do is to achieve such knowledge to overpass speed of light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Back to the future is a classic, I know no person who did not watch it. As a colleague remarked above it was a pretty funny movie giving to a viewer a lot of fun. As far as Inception is concerned I must disagree with its predecessor. It is my opinion that it is one of the better movies this year. My opinion is also confirmed by various reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw all of them. Inception was masterpiecie for me, but I enjoy more watching Deja Vu.

    I don't believe that travelling in time it is possible. For example I have still problems with connection to the Internet in my home town. It's not possible to set up any DSL or something. My neighbours have Neostrada, but TP refused my request to connect line to my home... Taking into consideration this prosaic example time travelling is just a product of out imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I watched these videos but I do not like the Terminator. Inception very nice movie I would recommend this movie. From what I know, scientists already know how to transfer gas from the point A to point B. I think that the transfer will be possible at the time but I wanted this because life would lose meaning. Some of the inventions and discoveries are unnecessary it is my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw only Terminator. I like it. In this film half man - half machine travel between world and want to rescue boy in our world. A little strange story but it is a good film. I haven't seen more films about traveling in time. I think that this topic is rather not real. Actually nobody find the way to travel in this way and i think that nobody will find it in future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also watched all of them and Inception was my favourite among them. But I still would not call it a masterpiece. Leonardo Di Caprio was a lot better in the movie "Shutter Island".

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, "Inception" was great in showing two things. First of all, dreams aren't such a popular theme of movies. Second thing, nesting of one drea in another one. It was great that each one was getting longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen all of these films except Deja vu. I think The Terminator was the best of all of them, to me it is a cult film. I think that Matrix also involves time travel in a way. The characters move to a sort of alternate world, where space and time are independent from the world they thought they lived in. I don't belive time travel is possible in reality although theoreticly scientists may be able to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each of us has experienced what it is Deja Vu. Everyone met at least once a foreign person who felt that already knew her, or visiting a new place, I immediately recognized them. But what would happen if these mysterious feelings, in fact, prove to be a warning sent from the past or future hint?

    I saw the movie deja vu and I was delighted with it. Personally, I think that may be traveling in time and I also believe in reincarnation. Maybe that feeling of deja vu is a memory from our past life or a parallel universe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1)I saw all of this movies.Yes I like this kind of films ,especially ,,Terminator,,it is really good movie.

    2)At this moment I cant remember any other film about related to time traveling

    3)I think that time travels are only possible in the films ,In real world it wont be,but I think that it can be very needful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't like such films. It is a total nonsense. The topic of time travels annoy me. And I know the only one movie that is at least funny - Seksmisja. the rest of them - in my opinion they are just crappy. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. “Butterfly Effect” and “Twelve Monkeys”, both of them are depressing as hell but I love them.
    Also "Back to the future" is one of my favourite adventure movies.

    I hope that nobody could travel in time, all movies about it proof that it's never a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. I have seen a lot of movies of this sort. I like sce-fi so I liked it.
    2. Well, I don't remember the titles.
    3. For shore, even today science says that it is possible to travel to the future. Actually, this is only a process of making time go slower in one spot, while it runs fast outside this spot. This would be possible for objects moving at the speed of light. Time travel into the past is possible if w assumed that space is like water in a rubber tube. This means that you can move in it.

    ReplyDelete