Saturday 4 December 2010



Christmas is coming and everybody starts talking about „Home alone”. It’s a story about a little boy named Kevin McCallister who was left home all alone on Christmas by mistake. TV stations have special projects on Christmas and everybody knows what will be on TV that special time. “Home alone” was the main hit year by year on “Polsat”. We have remembered it since our childhood. That film was always on TV on Christmas. It became something like a tradition, in the funny way. Not long ago there was information: this year there will be no “Home alone”. And it started. There were many jokes about that, many people said “it will be no Christmas without Kevin”. I want to present another film about Christmas time which is just as popular as “Home alone”.

It’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. It is a story based on the book by the famous Dr. Seuss. “It is about the magical land of Whoville. In Whoville, there lived the Who's, an almost mutated sort of munchkin like people.” All the Who's love Christmas. Just outside of their beloved Whoville lives the Grinch.The Grinch is a nasty, creature that hates Christmas, a fictional, bitter, cave-dwelling, green, catlike creature with a heart "two sizes too small," who lives on snowy Mount Crumpit, a steep, 3,000-foot (910 m) high mountain just north of Whoville. His only companion is his faithful dog, Max. “From his perch high atop Mount Crumpit, the Grinch can hear the noisy Christmas festivities that take place in Whoville.”

“The Grinch is irritated at the thought of the nearby village having a happy time celebrating Christmas.”

He raids the village to steal all the Christmas things. Envious of the Whos' happiness, he makes plans to raid the town and, by means of burglary, to deprive them of their Christmas presents, holiday ham and decorations and thus prevent Christmas from coming. The village is sure to have a sad Christmas this year.” A small child, Cindy Lou Who, decides to try to befriend the Grinch in order to save these special days. Christmas comes just the same. Grinch realizes that Christmas is more than just gifts and presents. It becomes a special time for him too. “His heart grows three sizes larger”, he returns all the presents, and is warmly welcomed into the community of the Whos. Grinch has changed and a little girl and her faith in Christmas saves that day in

Whoville.

The film is directed by Ron Howard, produced by Howard and Brian Grazer. Jim Carrey makes of Grinch a great character. He is evil, but funny, lon

ely and

mean. Despite that, we love Grinch. It is the first Dr. Seuss story made into a feature film. “The film received mixed reviews from critics, but spent four weeks as the #1 film in the United States.”







http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlYGOWQJBBA

1.How many times have you watched “Home alone”?

2.Do you have you’re favourite film about Christmas?

3.Have you seen “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”? What do you think about Jim Carrey as the Grinch?



Sources:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0170016/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060345/

http://www.filmweb.pl/film/Grinch+%C5%9Bwi%C4%85t+nie+b%C4%99dzie-2000-1429

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_the_Grinch_Stole_Christmas_(film)

http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FHow_the_Grinch_Stole_Christmas_(film)&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGbHyqA3XyCZ2OC1ZZTNLH0kasm1g

http://www.filmweb.pl/film/Grinch+%C5%9Awi%C4%85t+nie+b%C4%99dzie-1966-31890

http://www.filmcritic.com/reviews/2000/how-the-grinch-stole-christmas/



17 comments:

  1. 1. Far too many times... Did you know that Macaulay Culkin who is playing Kevin is 30 years old?
    2. Definately Home Alone.
    3. I have seen it, at least part of it. For me it is so boring that I never watched it till the end. I don't like Jim Carrey at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Something about 5 times? But it is still funny...

    2. It used to be Home Alone, now I don't watch television so much.

    3. Unfortunately I have not seen Grinch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Two or three, when I was a child. Now I don't have a TV set and I do not regret it ;-)
    2. I don't know if I have any... Perhaps "The Halloween Town", inspired by the tale about Grinch by the way? Well, I know it's not a typical Christmas picture ;-)
    3. I haven't seen it yet and I'm not sure if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manyy times:) but it is not my favourite movie about christmas. I have one but don't remember the title it's about kids wishes about what they want for christmas. This is really great film, moving and funny.
    I haven't seen Grinch yet, but I rather prefer more realistic movies besides I don't like Jim Carey for me he's not funny at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Still not enough :)
    2. Let me say no Home Alone no Christmas.
    3. Unfortunately I’ve never seen Grinch, but I think that Jim Carrey is good comedy actor, so probably he did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. "Home Alone" I've never seen this movie
    2. I have no favorite movie on Christmas, rather like the movies are not related to the theme of Christmas.
    3. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," I hate fantasy films because I never watched this movie. Jim Carrey is a great actor I like his sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.How many times have you watched “Home alone”?
    I don't remember. 2 times? I don't have TV now, so I won't watch it this year too ;)

    2.Do you have you’re favourite film about Christmas?
    No, i don't have.

    3.Have you seen “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”? What do you think about Jim Carrey as the Grinch?
    I didn't seen it; but after reading the articles, it is not my type of films!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh. So maaaany times. There is no Christmas without Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
    That’s funny because people were complaining about that movie all the time: “Once again Kevin…”, “Once again Home Alone…”, “All the time the same…”, “How many times we can watch that crap?”. But… I remember last Christmas when there was no Home Alone on TV at all, after that everybody was so embarrassed. “How we can imagine Christmas without that movie.” So pure statistics :-) that fact allowed me to repeat, there is no Christmas without Kevin.
    I really enjoy “Christmas Carol” and “Groundhog Day”. I like Jim Carrey as a comic and I like most of all his movie, but Grinch it’s not my favorite. I saw it once and not whole. Quite boring to me, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I saw it many times but it always makes me smile:))
    2. Home alone
    3. I saw Grinch once in the cinema and I liked it as well. Probably the point is that I like Jim Carrey:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Call me a weirdo, but I haven't seen "Home alone". Not even once. Period :)

    2. My favourite Christmas movie is "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. It's probably the funniest version of that book and it makes day a better one.

    3. Sorry, I didn't see that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Kevin probably seen a million times before. It is on TV every Christmas, and sometimes even in the New Year. I had a modest hope that this year the pleasure of seeing will pass but kevin apparently has enough fans.
    2. I do not have a favorite film, generally I rarely watch this type of productions.
    3. I saw Grich. I think Jim Carrey is perfect for this role.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. I have seen Home Alone about 30 times and it is not enough.
    2. A good Christmas movie I know is "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
    3. I haven't seen the film, but I like Jim Carrey so I think I will watch it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1.How many times have you watched “Home alone”?

    Oh it was so many times that I can't even count them all. I love this film because it reminds me my childhood.

    3.Have you seen “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”? What do you think about Jim Carrey as the Grinch?

    I have never seen that movie so i cannot say anything about it.

    2.Do you have you’re favourite film about Christmas?

    My favourite is Home alone but I do also have my favourite christmas songs - Wham - Last Christmas and Mariah Carey - All I want 4 Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hard to tell but I saw "Home Alone" few times. My favorite film about Christmas is "Love Actually" - I watched it like a dozen times and I still love it. I haven't seen Grinch with Jim Carrey, but I think that he is quite funny guy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1.How many times have you watched “Home alone”?
    I've seen it couple of times, but for the sake of my intelligence I hope that no more than 5 times ;) It's undoubtedly the number one choice for Polsat - every year, every Christmas.

    2.Do you have you’re favourite film about Christmas?
    I remember the film entitled "Bad santa" that I enjoyed. A quicklink: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307987/ A Santa played by "Billy Bob Thorton is a drinking, fornicating, defecating thief who freeloads for the whole year" :)

    3.Have you seen “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”? What do you think about Jim Carrey as the Grinch?
    I think I haven't seen it.. I have mixed feeling towards Jim Carrey, he reminds me of Mr Bean too much I think. He is extremely funny during talk shows, but he has too stupid characters in the films for me to respect him :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1)I have watched ,,HOME ALONE,,many times I dont remeber excatly how many bot almost in every Christmas this movie is in TV.It some kind of traditions I think.Christmas without this movie are not the same.I like it very much !!

    2)Except of HOME ALONE I like ,,CHRISTMES Story ,,by Carol Dickens this movies is very conected with Christmes time.

    3)I have seen “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”I think it is good movie for chlidren and it is typical christmas film,bot for me nothing special,In spite of it I like Jim Carrey and I think that every role play by him is grat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. More than ten times :D

    2. Maybe it's not exactly about Christmas but it's also in tv almost every year during that period - "Edward Scissorhands".

    3. It's a lovely movie and I really like Jim Carrey there. I need to rewatch it someday.

    ReplyDelete