Thursday 18 November 2010

Vehicles from TV serials

KITT from "Knight Rider", the helicopter "Airwolf", "The A-Team's" van... There are TV series in which the vehicles are very important - perhaps even more important than humans.

Knight Rider

In Poland, the show was known as "Nieustraszony" and its main character was Michael Knight (played by David Hasselhoff), who solved criminal riddles. However, he would have had a hard time of it if not for his car KITT - Knight Industries Two Thousand. KITT was a transformed Pontiac Trans Am 1982 (the tv series was filmed in 1982-86). Apparently, six cars were used during the filming, and after they finished, all six were destroyed.

In 2008, NBC returned to the idea of Knight Rider, but this time it was Michael Knight’s son behind the wheel. However, the production did not appeal to the viewers, and the new "Knight Rider" quickly disappeared from TV.

The A-Team


The black van with red motifs could probably be regarded as a full member of the legendary A-Team. The main characters of this cult series - Hannibal, Face, Murdoch, and B.A. Barracus- toured in the van back and forth across the United States on a mission to help those in need of services which can only be provided by a professional team of ex-United States Army officers (they were wrongly accused of bank robbery in Hanoi and are on the run). The van, which takes an active part in all their missions, is a GMC Vandura G-1500. A very similar van was used in the long overdue, full-length film “The A-Team” which was in cinemas this year.

Scooby Doo, Where Are You!


In this famous cartoon, which has recently been made into a film, the talking dog - Scooby Doo and his faithful sidekicks: Fred, Daphne, Velma ( and in a few of the seasons the hyper-active puppy - Scrappy Doo) travel the country in a psychedelic van painted in green, blue, and orange flowers, while solving various mysteries and chasing ghosts. The van is also known as the Mystery Machine van and is one the most recognizable vehicles in cartoon series.




Renegade



This series, starring Lorenzo Lamas as an ex-cop bounty hunter on the run - Rainesie Reno, who was falsely accused of murder and testified against his fellow cops, who tried to kill him. He is forced to flee from the corrupt Dutch Dixon, his main nemesis. Joining forces with Bobby Sixkiller, they are on the run, and they do so in style, on Harley motorcycles.


Do you know any other interesting vehicles from TV serials?

Feel free to discuss.


14 comments:

  1. I remember a few other TV series:
    - Starsky and Hutch, TV series from 70's. Two detectives solve crime, and travel by red-and-white Ford Torino
    - Viper, a very bad series with super Dodge Viper as a main character – probably the best actor in this show ;)
    - 07 zgłoś się – cult series for older people. Famous detective Borewicz was driving Polish Fiat 125p.

    Maybe these car are more uncool then interesting, but they are from TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not so found of cars, but I can mention few: the famous ZigZag and his friends from Pixar's "Cars", the tank from "Czterej pancerni i pies" and all the super cars of James Bond :-)There are also other famous vehicles: the flying carpet from Disney's "Alladin" or the Death Star from "Star Wars".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember any other TV serials with characteristic vehicles. I think that the most popular TV serials was "The A-Team". It was always so funny and the actors always had so strange but funny ideas. This serial was realy interesting and I have been watching it with smile on my face. If you don't know it you must see it! I am sure you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into cars, but for me, KITT from "Knight rider" was a legend. It's sad to see what happened to Hasselhoff after that, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In fact there are lots of films with really remarkable vehicles. There is James Bond, Taxi and many more. I was always a fan of such movies or TV series, especially The A-Team which remind me of my childhood, but I also liked the new full- length version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peugeot reminds me of the movie "Taxi" He also had a lot of strange gadgets. But the Aston Martin of James Bond is the best car of my dreams. The series "Knight Rider" looked like a little boy but I was always surprised how you can talk to the car:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I remember a lot of very nice cars are in "Fast and Furious" - in all parts of this movie I have seen good looking cars and not only cars;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First thing that comes to my mind are James Bond cars. Nothing better than a supercar for a superspy and there were quite a few of them as you can see in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_vehicles

    Among them my favourite: Aston Martin V12 Vanquish with a cloaking device seen in "Die Another Day"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember some from TV serials:

    - "The A-Team" where the real speed demon was GMC Vandura
    -Power Rangers and Their Megazord
    - Dodge Viper RT/10, star of TV series Viper 1994. Supercar turns into a deadly weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my opinion nearly every superhero has his own famous vehicle.
    It’s always like that. Hero -> means of transport.
    I can increase that list of:
    - James Bond’s most famous car Aston Martin DB5,
    - Never Ending Story – big white flying dog (not especially a vehicle ),
    - Batman and his Batmobile,
    - and the last Students – trams or buses…
    And I can agree with my colleagues that Peugeot is strongly connected with Taxi movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never pay attention to vehicles in movies..unless they have nice color or special shape:) I remember van from A-team but only because it was very characteristic. Remember also mentioned by Tomasz my favourite film Never Ending Story. I would say this big white flying dog was definietely a vehicle, very unique but still.
    But the best vehicle I've ever seen in movie is fabulous old Fiat from The Big Blue. If you haven't seen this movie I hardly recommend it, it's really worth to see, not only because of this:
    http://elodie-caroline.tripod.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://elodie-caroline.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jean-reno-the-big-blue-enzo-fiat-car.jpg&target=tlx_new

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nash Bridges Prima Baracuda it is my favourit car from TV serial. Yattaman vechicol this is my favourit from chiledhood

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my opinion the most interesting vehicle from TV it was every kind of cars James Bond.This cars made on me really big impression ,especially some amezing gadget,besides this cars have beautifil design,the second intersting vehicle was ,,STAR TREK,,,it is some vehicle from the future ,but I dont suppose that it can be real ,but I really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cars from Batman, all James Bonds cars. Cars from Flintstones.

    ReplyDelete