Saturday 22 January 2011

Oman - Part 3

One of my questions in my last post sounds: Would you like to visit or move
to Oman? If the answer on the second part is YES or nearly yes, this post is
directed especially for you.

I have already mentioned that Oman is one of the oldest civilisations on Arabian Peninsular, it is a country dominated by miles of pristine beaches, feathery palms, mountainous backdrop and true hospitality. Fascinating scenery, agreeable climate and amicable citizens make Oman a dream destination for adventurous visitors. I would like to add, for those who know the story about Sinbad that this legendary figure comes from the land of Sultanate.

If you are ready to move to Oman or invest there some money in a real estate
property, I have an ideal opportunity for you;): the Wave, Muscat, an exclusive development by the Ocean, about 10 minutes drive from the new international airport.


It combines understated luxury, inspirational design and tranquil living for those seeking an escape from bustle and dullness of everyday life.
With breathtaking ocean views and lush landscapes, the Wave offers a variety of opportunities to invest in freehold property such as villas, townhouses or commodious apartments with swimming pools, kept in absolute security and resort-style luxury.


http://s3.cdn.dubizzle.com/images/user_images/2010/12/11/6272663_SP_photo.jpeg


http://www.ireypg.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/The-Wave-Oman.jpg

Besides private properties, the investment consists of huge marina, shopping center, bars and restaurants, luxury resorts such as Kempinsky and
Fairmont Hotels and one of the biggest golf courses in this region, signed by
Greg Norman.



I have been there and I have to admit that it looks very promising. I have even visited the Wave Sales Office and made a small investigation about prices, contract conditions, schedule of payments, costs of maintenance and so on. Prices of townhouses (about 250 sq.m.) starts from 1.2M zł, with complete high qualities interior finishing (you just only need to buy a bed!). One bedroom apartment with living area about 70 sq.m., costs around 600K zł. I have to underline again that interior is made turnkey! It’s not expensive comparing with apartment prices in Warsaw (and you could have an ocean front localization)... Cost of maintenance is comparable to Warsaw or even lower...

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/pm-101201-ind-wave-2-1.720267!image/3015098284.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/3015098284.jpg


http://www.thewavemuscat.com/Images/Content/PressReleasenew.jpg

I am really interested in buying some property in the Wave in Muscat:). What
do you thing about my plans? Do you think that it is a good decision? Have
you started thinking seriously about moving to this country;)?

sources: own work

13 comments:

  1. If you're really considering this move, you're my idol. This country seems promissing, but there are no mountains there, so it's just not for me. Nonetheless, house with pool is just like a dream. Maybe somewhere, in sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are mountains, some of them are very high (3000m) but without snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looks like heaven! I might move there.. when I'm retired :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my idol too! Everything looks good but it is bloody far away from here dude. Think about your family, your children, your girlfriend, your wife?! Unless you can take them all with you. I think it’s crazy idea but the world belongs to such people ;) If you have an opportunity – try, in other case you will always regret that you never tried. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's good and interesting decision. I myself would want to have the apartment, but only during the holidays. I think that the costs for maintenance will, unfortunately, very high ... I think that we have a lot of money:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not move to Oman, and it never be a seriously idea for me:), If you want to, just buy it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buying a property seems to be a perfect idea.
    I would consider the same, but not for a constant living. Just a Summer House, near to the beach.
    And during vacation you could take just a pair of flip-flops, one towel, airline ticket… without worries of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buying property in Oman is very promising. I wonder if in a few years property prices won't rise. I think that one day this place can become very fashionable and will attract many investors.

    I'd bought a property in the Middle East. This has its advantages-you can always spend half a year there and return to Poland in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1,2)I think it s good decision and good idea to get some own place on the earth.It will give some opportunity to change something in Your live and get to know new culture,I think that Your plans give new possibilities on develop.

    3)NO,I dont think so to move to this country and live there instead in WArsaw ,I feel good in my country and city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It the first time I have heard of such a country. I wouldn’t move there for any money. What is the real reason you want to live there? Harem?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it might be a great decision! I hope your dream will come true! As I have written already, it's not my kind of place, so I don't consider moving so far. Still, I think about buying a property in North-East of Poland and moving there. I don't mean Mazury but the Suwałki region with its hills, lakes and wide empty wild space. I love this area and I believe my dream will also come true :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are you going to do there? Do you have some career plans?

    I think that the place were you live is not as much important as with who you live. After few weeks I think you will be bored with the swimming pool, see and so on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Answering your first question, I must ask one: Are you a sells agent? :) I'm only asking because of the pictures you used - they all seem to be taken from an agent. I think it's a great idea if only you have the time and resources to mange this investment!

    For the time being, I like where I am and I don't feel like moving anywhere :) Of course there are more interesting and exciting places to live in, but having to lose all my friends and family behind seems a bit to extreme for me.

    ReplyDelete